Welcome to Rainbow Families DC
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR OUR MEMBERS
We are very excited to let you know that we will be holding a special drawing in early June for a free vacation at "Club Getaway." Thanks to the generosity of R Family Vacations, one lucky RFDC family will escape at the end of June to “Club Getaway,” set on 300-acres on a sparkling lake in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Kent, Connecticut. This vacation is valued at $2,400.
Current Members: You will be automatically entered in the drawing.
Members with Lapsed Membership: If you renew your membership by paying your annual dues, you will also be automatically entered in the drawing, along with other current members of Rainbow Families DC.
New Members: Now is the time for you to join us! Membership is only $35 annually and includes great benefits and lets you be part of a great community of parents, children, and friends.
Please visit www.rainbowfamiliesdc.org/joinus to review or renew your membership or become a member today.
Here are the details:
Membership is only $35 annually and includes great benefits and lets you be part of a great community of parents, children, and friends.
The drawing will occur on June 6 at 9:00 a.m. The winner will be notified by phone, and an announcement will be sent out to the RFDC membership.
Please note that Board members and employees of Rainbow Families DC are not eligible for this drawing.
Our Family Conference earlier in 2012...
Our 2012 Conference was a huge success.
View the pictures from the conference day.
Welcome to Rainbow Families DC
Rainbow Families DC is the organization for all LGBT parents / prospective parents and our allies in the DC metropolitan area. Join us today!
Rainbow Families DC supports and connects LGBT parents and prospective parents by providing educational programs, social events, and discussion forums for LGBT parents and prospective parents in the DC Metropolitan area. Rainbow Families DC, is a volunteer-led nonprofit organization, supported by members, community sponsors, and private and public grants.
By joining RFDC today, you will be an “official” member of our organization. Why is membership in RFDC important?
10. Be counted among the growing number of LGBT families in the DC metro area. We are often asked by school districts, reporters and donors "Just how many LGBT-headed households are there in the area?" We would love to give them a pretty good answer!
9. Help RFDC support our part-time staff person through your membership fees.
8. Provide several free or reduced-rate events to our community through your membership fees.
7. Access RFDC's online discussion forums where other LGBT parents and prospective parents exchange important information and resources.
6. Receive invitations to RFDC events and learn about other events of interest to LGBT families.
5. Offer direct input to the RFDC Board of Directors on how to improve programs and strengthen the organization.
4. Connect with other parents and families who have similar interests or experiences.
3. Get information about our organized play groups and outings for younger children.
2. Support COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere), one of RFDC's partners, on programs for children/youth in 6th grade and above.
1. Feel good about being connected to a larger, diverse community of LGBT parents!
RFDC is now on Facebook. Become a fan by clicking here to join our community and stay connected.